Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW) FAQ
The Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW) is a series of events that put a spotlight on innovation in supply chain resilience, urban food systems, alternative proteins and affordable nutrition. It brings together industry leaders to explore strategies for sustainable systems and production to build a vibrant agri-food ecosystem in Asia, as well as regulators to discuss challenges and solutions to assure safety of innovative food offerings. In 2023, the Week takes place from 31 October – 2 November 2023, organised by Temasek in partnership with Economic Development Board, Enterprise Singapore, Singapore Food Agency, Singapore Tourism Board, and event organisers, Rethink Events and Constellar.
Agri-food innovation is essential to building a sustainable food ecosystem for the global consumers. Without innovation, the food industry will not be able to cater to the increased growth of consumer demand for more, better and healthier food sources, without depleting or polluting its natural resources. In order to meet the demands of increasingly affluent and sophisticated Asian consumers, the agri-food sector will require an additional US$750 billion of investments – on top of existing levels – by 2030 taking the total to US$1.55 trillion¹. Critical changes need to be made to build a sustainable food system. The Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW) aims to catalyse sustainable food production in Asia. This multi-year commitment will convene stakeholders within the agri-food ecosystem to explore strategies for sustainable systems and production, and to discuss solutions to assure safety of innovative food offerings.
¹Source: The Asia Food Challenge Report 2021, taken from https://www.theasiafoodchallenge.com/
SIAW is a key step in developing Singapore into a vibrant agri-food hub in the region, presenting a full week of co-located and complementary events for the agri-food community, connecting entrepreneurs, corporates, academia, governments and international organisations to network and collaborate together. Anchoring the week of events are Rethink’s Asia Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit (taking place for the 6th time in Singapore), the SFA’s Regulator’s Roundtable, and the Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia hosted by Constellar, an experiential exhibition to provide opportunities for food innovators to launch, showcase and testbed their solutions.
The Week is organised by Temasek in partnership with Economic Development Board, Enterprise Singapore, Singapore Food Agency, A-Star, Singapore Tourism Board, and event organisers, Rethink Events and Constellar.
The Roundtable will be an invitation-only event. Regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations will be invited to share best practices and experiences on technical issues surrounding the regulation of novel foods.
You can register for the event through this link: https://agrifoodinnovation.com/register/
You can register for the event https://www.gevme.com/agri-food-tech-expo-asia-2023-88786171 here.
The key SIAW events will all take place at the Marina Bay Sands Expo & Convention Centre:
- Roundtable on Novel Foods Regulations – 30 October (invitation only)
- Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit – 31 October – 2 November (registered delegates)*
- Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia – 31 October – 2 November (free to attend)
The Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit will also be available for virtual delegate access to the livestream and networking.
Sustainable, innovative solutions is vital to sustain the future of food for consumers globally.
SIAW is a platform for like-minded industry players from the agri-food ecosystem across the world to explore strategies for sustainable food systems and production, and to discuss challenges and solutions to meet the safety of innovative food offerings.
Like-minded partners and industry leaders will be involved in the key events under SIAW. From regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations such as the Food and Agriculture Organization, Codex Alimentarius Commission and World Organisation for Animal Health, to the world’s leading food producers, agribusinesses, entrepreneurs, investors, including notable C-suite speakers from companies such as BASF, Cargill, Nestle, Tyson Foods, Unilever, The World Health Organisation, and the Tony Blair Institute.
SIAW includes three key events to be held over four days:
Day 1: 30 October, 2023
- Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations – The Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations will kick off the four-day event. It will provide a platform for regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations including the Food and Agriculture Organization, Codex Alimentarius Commission and World Organisation for Animal Health to come together physically and virtually to share best practices and experiences on technical issues surrounding the regulation of novel foods.
Days 2 – 4: 31 October – 2 November, 2023
- Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit – Hosted by Rethink Events, the summit convenes the world’s leading agribusinesses, growers, consumer packaged goods and ingredient brands, entrepreneurs, investors, retailers and policymakers to share ideas and collaborate towards greater security and sustainability in Asia’s agri-food system. Discussions will focus on empowering smallholder farmers, building resilient supply chains, scaling alternative protein production, enhancing nutrition, and optimising controlled environment agriculture and aquaculture.
- Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia – Hosted by Constellar, the Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia (AFTEA) is the region’s leading showcase platform for products, services and solutions on the forefront of innovation in the global Agri-Food and Agri-Tech industry. In the second year, the Expo places a key focus on enabling businesses to network, collaborate, exchange knowledge and establish long term partnerships to empower/further the needs of the international agri-food tech industry.
- Agri-Food Start-Up Pitch Hour – A daily pitch hour provides an opportunity to hear quick-fire pitches from new entrepreneurs breaking into the agri-tech, food-tech, and aquaculture scene.
Day 3: 1 November, 2023
- SIAW Gala Dinner – The culmination of the week’s discussions, the SIAW Gala Dinner brings together the world’s leading food producers and agribusinesses.
Days 3 – 4: 1-2 November, 2023
- Global Agri-Food Scientific Symposium – The Scientific Symposium aims to showcase cutting edge research innovations for urban cities and establish a collaborative, knowledge sharing platform for local and international IHLs and Research Institutes (RIs).
- All events will be held with strict adherence to the safety measures in place by Singapore Government and Singapore Tourism Board at the time. Currently large events can take place, if all attendees are vaccinated. For current Safe Management Measures visit www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/en/home-pages/advisory-for-MICE.html
- For Travel to Singapore and Entry Requirements (including Vaccinated Travel Lanes) see latest guidance at: https://www.visitsingapore.com/travel-guide-tips/travel-requirements/
Whilst the regulator conference and the launch event are by invitation-only events. Tickets to the Asia Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit are available for:
- Super Early Bird: SGD1795 (until 17 August)
- Early Bird: SGD1995 (until 14 September)
- Standard Price: SGD2495
Register at https://agrifoodinnovation.com/. Please refer to ‘Day-by-Day Session Preview’ Section on our main webpage for more details.
Visitation of Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia is free, and can be registered for here: