Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW) FAQ
Agri-food innovation is essential to building a sustainable food ecosystem for the global consumers. Without innovation, the food industry will not be able to cater to the increased growth of consumer demand for more, better and healthier food sources, without depleting or polluting its natural resources. In order to meet the demands of increasingly affluent and sophisticated Asian consumers, the agri-food sector will require an additional US$750 billion of investments – on top of existing levels – by 2030 taking the total to US$1.55 trillion¹. Critical changes need to be made to build a sustainable food system. The Singapore International Agri-Food Week (SIAW) aims to catalyse sustainable food production in Asia. Thismulti-year commitment will convene stakeholders within the agri-food ecosystem to explore strategies for sustainable systems and production, and to discuss solutions to assure safety of innovative food offerings.
¹Source: The Asia Food Challenge Report 2021, taken from https://www.theasiafoodchallenge.com/
The Week is organised by Temasek in partnership with Economic Development Board, Enterprise Singapore, Singapore Food Agency, Singapore Tourism Board, and event organisers, Rethink Events and Constellar.
The Roundtable will be an invitation-only event. Regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations will be invited to share best practices and experiences on technical issues surrounding the regulation of novel foods.
You can register for the event through this link: https://agrifoodinnovation.com/register/
The key SIAW events will all take place at the Marina Bay Sands Expo & Convention Centre:
- Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations – 25 October (invitation only)
- Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit – 26 to 28 October (registered delegates)*
- Agri-Food Tech Expo Asia – 26 to 28 October (free to attend)
The Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit will also be available for virtual delegate access to the livestream and networking.
Sustainable, innovative solutions is vital to sustain the future of food for consumers globally.
SIAW is a platform for like-minded industry players from the agri-food ecosystem across the world to explore strategies for sustainable food systems and production, and to discuss challenges and solutions to meet the safety of innovative food offerings.
Like-minded partners and industry leaders will be involved in the key events under SIAW. From regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations such as the Food and Agriculture Organization, Codex Alimentarius Commission and World Organisation for Animal Health, to the world’s leading food producers, agribusinesses, entrepreneurs, investors, including notable C-suite speakers from companies such as BASF, Cargill, Nestle, Tyson Foods, Unilever, The World Health Organisation, and the Tony Blair Institute (speakers in 2021).
SIAW includes three key events to be held over four days:
Day 1: November 15, 2021
- SIAW Launch Event – The first day of SIAW will conclude with a dinner attended by Guest of Honour, Deputy Prime Minister, Heng Swee Keat. The official launch event will include an opening address by DPM Heng, along with the signing of the SIAW Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Temasek, EDB, ESG, SFA, STB, Rethink and Constellar. During the SIAW launch event, industry experts will be invited to join in for a fireside chat on driving agri-food innovation and collaboration opportunities in Asia.
- Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations – The Roundtable on Novel Food Regulations will kick off the four-day event. It will provide a platform for regulators, local and international industry players, and members of international organisations including the Food and Agriculture Organization, Codex Alimentarius Commission and World Organisation for Animal Health to come together physically and virtually to share best practices and experiences on technical issues surrounding the regulation of novel foods.
Days 2 – 4: November 16 – 18, 2021
- Asia Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit – Hosted by Rethink Events, the summit convenes the world’s leading agribusinesses, growers, consumer packaged goods and ingredient brands, entrepreneurs, investors, retailers and policymakers to share ideas and collaborate towards greater security and sustainability in Asia’s agri-food system
- Discussions will focus on empowering smallholder farmers, building resilient supply chains, scaling alternative protein production, enhancing nutrition, and optimising controlled environment agriculture and aquaculture.
- All events will be held with strict adherence to the safety measures in place by Singapore Government and Singapore Tourism Board at the time. Currently large events can take place, if all attendees are vaccinated and wear masks at all times. For current Safe Management Measures visit www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/en/home-pages/advisory-for-MICE.html
- For Travel to Singapore and Entry Requirements (including Vaccinated Travel Lanes) see latest guidance at: safetravel.ica.gov.sg/arriving/overview
Whilst the regulator conference and the launch event are by invitation-only events. Tickets to the Asia Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit are available for SGD795 (early bird SGD595 ends October 1) at https://agrifoodinnovation.com/.
The three-day hybrid summit will combine both in-person elements and a full virtual experience tailored to international audiences. Please refer to ‘Day-by-Day Session Preview’ Section on our main webpage for more details.